Around 5 years ago I watched An Inconvenient Truth with Al Gore. This got me very interested in Climate Change and the damage we are doing to our planet.
I’ve always tried to make decisions that impact our planet a little less, over the last 2 years I’ve made more and more decisions with our environment and planet in mind:
- I’m obsessive about recycling. If it can be recycled, we (my wife and I) recycle it.
- We switched from bottled body washes to normal soap for showers! (I will admit, we have liquid soap again due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.)
- We switched to bamboo toilet paper. (Tissue products made from bamboo release approximately 30% fewer greenhouse gases than those made from virgin wood.)
- Over the last 2 years, we cut down massively on our meat intake, I became a vegetarian in January 2020 (he likely doesn’t know it, I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned it but it was mainly due to a conversation with Paul, a co-founder of MyPet) and haven’t looked back.
- We try and use products that use the least packaging.
When we decided to sell physical products at MyPet it was pretty easy where to focus as all 3 of us are similarly minded when it comes to our planet. We decided on 2 different product types:
- Environmentally friendly / sustainable products
- Locally made products
I’m excited to say our shop launches on Monday 9th November. We spent a lot of time picking the products we’ve decided to sell (Cody and Rollie helped of course). I’ve no doubt over the coming weeks we’ll add more.
So please, when we launch the shop this Monday — 9th November, please have a look and let me know what you think.
You can find us at https://mypethq.io